Nominate Your Favorite Woman Volunteer
The purpose of the Women of Achievement Award is to recognize and honor women of diverse cultures, roles and accomplishments who have demonstrated commitment to the betterment of the St. Louis region through significant voluntary contributions.
The deadline for nominations for the 2024 Class of Honorees is midnight Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
Criteria for Selection
A woman nominated as a Women of Achievement should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a record of achievement and leadership in one or more areas of volunteer service within the St. Louis metropolitan region.
- Must have made an outstanding or extraordinary contribution as a volunteer, over and above her professional responsibilities, that has helped to address a pertinent need, problem or issue, or has made a difference that improves the quality of life for others within the metro St. Louis area.
- Distinguish between volunteer and professional work; discuss nominee’s volunteer service, not her professional career. Is her volunteer work part of her job?
- Describe current activities, including dates.
- She can not be paid for her volunteer work, salary or otherwise
- Note how nominee has gone above and beyond service in volunteering; what distinguishes her from other volunteers
- Discuss the length and breadth of volunteer service, including leadership roles.
- Describe how nominee’s volunteer service had an impact on the community. How many lives did she touch? What difference did she make? Include dates, titles, and positions she has held in the organizations.
- Is she a woman with vision? Did she see a gap in services and develop a program to fill that gap? How did she rally support for the cause?
- Did she perceive a problem and find a solution? Did she collaborate?
- Does she have charisma? Does she motivate others to join her? Is she a catalyst for change?
Please document the service performed and the impact that service has had on individuals or organizations in the metro region. Be specific, including the length of service and the innovation, leadership and extent of the volunteerism on which the Women of Achievement Award is based. Document the service performed and the results of providing that service (i.e. Director, Chair, Co-Chair, Board Member; include details and responsibility of position). Please be concise and do not attach additional information; photos and scanned documents will not be accepted. Do not send multiple forms. One nomination is sufficient. The total nomination should not exceed the equivalent of 6000 characters including spaces (two pages).
Please use our online form to submit your nominee's information to us. You will be asked to provide detailed information about your Nominee. Fields marked * are required. If you do not have the information, or it is "not applicable," please type NA in that field. Please be as accurate as possible and allow ample time to properly complete this form. DO NOT include your name in the text/narrative of your nomination. Only put your name in the appropriate spot for NOMINATOR information.
Important Note: Please remember to SAVE as you go.
Option to Mail Nominations
If you prefer, you can print the nomination form as a printable PDF. Print the form, fill it out, and mail it to the address below. Here is the form:
NOTE: The total nomination may not exceed 6000 characters including spaces (two pages). If your nomination exceeds that, only the first 6,000 characters will be read. Your completed nomination must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
Women of Achievement
P.O. Box 179230
St. Louis, MO 63117