Nominate Your Favorite Woman Volunteer
The purpose of the Women of Achievement Award is to recognize and honor women of diverse cultures, roles and accomplishments who have demonstrated commitment to the betterment of the St. Louis region through significant voluntary contributions. The deadline for 2017 nominations was Monday, January 16, 2017. If you are interested in nominating someone for next year, please keep the following selection criteria in mind. Nominations for the 2018 Awards will open in fall of 2017.
Criteria for Selection
A woman nominated as a Women of Achievement should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a record of achievement and leadership in one or more areas of volunteer service within the St. Louis metropolitan region.
- Must have made an outstanding or extraordinary contribution as a volunteer, over and above her professional responsibilities, that has helped to address a pertinent need, problem or issue, or has made a difference that improves the quality of life for others within the metro St. Louis area.
- Distinguish between volunteer and professional work; discuss nominee’s volunteer service, not her professional career. Is her volunteer work part of her job?
- Describe current activities, including dates.
- Note how nominee has gone above and beyond service in volunteering; what distinguishes her from other volunteers
- Discuss the length and breadth of volunteer service, including leadership roles.
- Describe how nominee’s volunteer service had an impact on the community. How many lives did she touch? What difference did she make?
- Is she a woman with vision; did she see a gap in services and develop a program to fill that gap?
- Did she perceive a problem and find a solution? Did she collaborate?
- Does she have charisma? Does she motivate others to join her? Is she a catalyst for change?