Nominate Your Favorite Woman Volunteer
The purpose of the Women of Achievement Award is to recognize and honor women of diverse cultures, roles and accomplishments who have demonstrated commitment to the betterment of the St. Louis region through significant voluntary contributions.
Criteria for Selection
A woman nominated as a Women of Achievement should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a record of achievement and leadership in one or more areas of volunteer service within the St. Louis metropolitan region.
- Must have made an outstanding or extraordinary contribution as a volunteer, over and above her professional responsibilities, that has helped to address a pertinent need, problem or issue, or has made a difference that improves the quality of life for others within the metro St. Louis area.
- Distinguish between volunteer and professional work; discuss nominee’s volunteer service, not her professional career. Is her volunteer work part of her job?
- Describe current activities, including dates.
- Note how nominee has gone above and beyond service in volunteering; what distinguishes her from other volunteers
- Discuss the length and breadth of volunteer service, including leadership roles.
- Describe how nominee’s volunteer service had an impact on the community. How many lives did she touch? What difference did she make?
- Is she a woman with vision; did she see a gap in services and develop a program to fill that gap?
- Did she perceive a problem and find a solution? Did she collaborate?
- Does she have charisma? Does she motivate others to join her? Is she a catalyst for change?
Online nominations are preferred. Please document the service performed and the impact that service has had on individuals or organizations in the metro region. Be specific, including the length of service and the innovation, leadership and extent of the volunteerism on which the Women of Achievement Award is based. Document the service performed and the results of providing that service. Please be concise and do not attach additional information. Do not send multiple forms. One nomination is sufficient. The total nomination should not exceed the equivalent of two (2) typed pages.
Please use our online form to submit your nominee’s information to us. You will be asked to provide detailed information about your Nominee. Fields marked * are required. If you do not have the information, or it is “not applicable,” please type NA in that field. Please be as accurate as possible and allow ample time to properly complete this form. DO NOT include your name in the text/narrative of your nomination. Only put your name in the appropriate spot for NOMINATOR information.
Option to Mail Nominations
If you prefer, download the nomination form as a printable PDF. Print the form and provide the necessary information. The total nomination should not exceed two (2) typed pages. Send your completed nomination by Monday, January 16, 2017 to:
Women of Achievement
3418 Charlack Avenue, Suite 615
St. Louis, MO 63114